Terms and Conditions
This Short-Term Rental Agreement is made with Sweet Spot Rentals, LLC, “SSR,” as of the date last set forth on the signature page of this rental agreement. This is EVIDENCE OF YOUR ACCEPTANCE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND YOUR INTENT TO RENT THE HOME AS OUTLINED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
Please Read and acknowledge this agreement to confirm you understand and agree to the following rules and policies:
- Occupancy: By Local Law, maximum occupancy of the property is restricted to the number on your reservation. The Rental Applicant is considered the Lead Renter and will assume full responsibility for all guests throughout the rental period.
- Cancellation Policy: In the event of unforeseen circumstances, cancellation must be notified in writing by the party leader whose name appears on the booking form. You may receive a partial refund if you cancel 31+ days before arrival. If you cancel 0-30 days before arrival, the rental amount is nonrefundable—no refunds for early departure or no-shows.
- Property Damage Protection (PDP): A PDP fee will be charged where applicable that will cover up to $2000 of unintentional accidental damages caused by a guest.
- Access: The guest shall allow Property Managers access to the property for purposes of repair and inspection. Property Managers shall exercise this right of access in a reasonable manner. Guests will be notified when and if the home is accessed.
- Early Check-In: If the guest would like to check in before 4:00 PM, there may be a charge, and it is subject to availability.
- Late Check-Out: I understand that if I fail to vacate the home by 10:00 AM on my departure date, I can incur a charge equal to one day’s rental. If you wish to have a late check-out, please call SSR at least 24 – 48 hours before departure for availability, and a fee may be applied.
- ID Verification Required for Check-In: In order to ensure the safety and security of all guests, it is mandatory to submit a valid ID to Sweet Spot Rentals for verification prior to check-in. This process will be sent out via our secure ID verification system during the booking confirmation stage, and the ID must match the person’s name in which the reservation was booked. Guests will be able to gain access to their vacation rental only upon successful completion of ID verification. We highly value the privacy and confidentiality of our guest’s personal information and assure that it will be handled with the utmost care and in compliance with privacy laws and regulations. The ID verification requirement aims to create a secure atmosphere and provide a positive hosting experience for all guests. If the ID verification has not been completed before the guest’s check-in, Sweet Spot Rentals reserves the right to cancel the reservation.
- Pets: For the convenience of our guests, pets are permitted in some properties. Pet rent is $25 per day per pet. Maximum (2) two pets. In the event that you bring a pet without authorization, your credit card will be charged $500.00 per pet plus any stain or damage caused by the pet. Registered Service Dogs have no pet rent (this does not cover emotional support animals).
- Smoking: This property is 100% smoke-free. Absolutely no smoking is allowed inside the house. In this case of smoking in the house, an additional non-refundable fee of $500.00 plus tax will be charged to the credit card on file. Smoking is allowed in designated smoking areas.
- Air Conditioning: Guests agree not to set temperatures below 73°F degrees. When the AC is being used, we request that all windows and doors be closed to reduce humidity and save energy. Please turn off your air conditioning when not in the unit. Setting the unit low can sometimes cause the unit to freeze and thus stop any air conditioning.
- Trash Removal: The guest is expected to empty full trash bins and dispose of their garbage bags in the appropriate receptacles or compactor (varies per community).
- Pool & Spa: No lifeguard on duty; swim at your own risk. No running or horseplay in the pool and deck area, as this may cause serious injury.
- Parties: Gatherings and parties are prohibited at any time and may result in eviction with no refund to the guest.
- Insurance: SSR and the homeowners or agents do not accept responsibility for any loss of personal items while staying in the property or after departure. You are responsible for taking out appropriate insurance to cover all aspects of your trip and ensuring that passports, visas, and other documents are in order. Keeping valuables in the house is at your own risk; we accept no responsibility for lost or stolen property.
- Damages When a guest arrives at the home, the guest is responsible for inspecting the property for damages. Guests must call SSR within 24 hours of arrival to report any damages found upon arrival. If there is damage to the home and it is not reported, then the guest will be held responsible. This is extended to bed bug problems as our homes are inspected prior to every arrival by a certified professional. If a guest doesn’t report any problem within 24 hours, it is presumed that any bed bugs found were brought into the home by the guest, and the treatment to exterminate these bed bugs will be at the guest’s expense. Guest must call +1-956-368-1769 or email [email protected] to report the damages. SSR shall try to correct the error within 24-48 hours without any significant disadvantages for the guest. After your check out, the management team will inspect the house and notify the office of any damages to the home made during your stay. SSR will contact you via email about any damages that were found. We will provide a detailed list along with the amount charged to the credit card on file. You can not dispute the company’s final damage report if you do not report damages right after arrival.
- Neighborhood facilities: Some of our properties have facilities that the neighborhood homeowners association controls. From time to time, maintenance or repairs may be needed to the properties that the Homeowner’s association controls. This could cause the closure of these facilities for short periods. Some examples are but are not limited to Community swimming pools, clubhouses, pool heaters, and community Jacuzzis. SSR will not be held liable or responsible for guest refunds if these facilities are closed during your stay.
- Liability: No claim can be made on the owners or managing agents for accidents, loss, or injury (however caused). We strongly advise all-inclusive holiday insurance coverage. The owners or agents do not accept any liability or responsibility for any injury caused as a result of the use of our property, pool, or clubhouse. An adult party member is responsible for ensuring that children are always adequately supervised when in the pool area or on the balcony. Children are not permitted unattended in the pool, spa, or pool area. Posted pool rules must be adhered to while in the pool area. We are not responsible, nor do we refund any guest who locks themselves out of their rented home. An additional charge will apply for the opening of locked doors. We will not be held responsible nor provide a refund if you are unable to find the resort, do not have the correct unit address, or did not bring the lockbox code or reservation confirmation with you. The client is responsible for reading and understanding the Terms and Conditions. The client is further obligated to abide by the terms set by SSR, all their suppliers, and the local authority. The traveler must not act in a manner that is of any nuisance to other travelers or neighbors or creates any security risk or practical problems for SSR and its suppliers. SSR and its suppliers reserve the right to reject a traveler if the traveler’s behavior or condition shows that they cannot commit to the terms. This will not give the traveler any right to demand compensation.
- Complaints: Should you need anything during your stay, please contact us by phone at +1-956-368-1769 or email ([email protected]), and give us the opportunity to assist you while staying with us. Letting us know after departure does not help you to fully enjoy your stay. Please note: Certain items are provided as a convenience to you, and we make every effort to ensure operability before your arrival and during your stay. This may include items such as the internet, gaming systems, cable programs, telephones, etc. We will contact the provider immediately if a problem with one of these items should occur during your stay. These providers are outside vendors who operate on their own schedules, and we cannot be responsible for any outage. These items are not compensable, and no refunds will be granted for not having access.
- Emergency Line: Our Emergency line is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Force Majeure: No liability can be accepted, or refunds are given for events that are ‘force majeure.’ These include but are not limited to, war, the threat of war, riots, civil commotion, terrorist activities, industrial disputes, technical difficulties with transportation, natural or nuclear disasters, fire, adverse weather conditions, or other events outside our control.
SSR and Guest agree that the property rent is a transient accommodation (short-term rental) that follows all applicable laws governing public lodging establishments.
Guest/credit card holder agrees with all rental terms, agrees to provide all required documents, and signs below electronically. Only compliance with all requests above will result in access to the property. Unfortunately, we can only accommodate guests if we both agree with our Rental Agreement’s full terms, with no exceptions.
I hereby certify that all information given by me is true and complete to the best of my knowledge, and I fully understand and agree to follow all terms and conditions of this agreement.